The Hughes 500C is a two-bladed, single-engine light helicopter built by Hughes Helicopters. It is a variant of the Hughes OH-6 Cayuse/Loach. It is an improved version of the OH-6A and features a more powerful engine, a larger cabin, and increased performance. The aircraft is mainly used for utility and observation purposes. It is powered by an Allison 250-C20B turboshaft engine, which produces 420 shp (313 kW). It has a maximum speed of 140 mph (225 km/h) and a range of 400 miles (644 km). The aircraft can carry a payload of up to 1,000 lbs (454 kg). It can be fitted with various armaments, such as rockets, gun pods, and grenade launchers.
- Airframe approx 7800 TT
- AAI Nightscanner Landing Light SH1383SO FAA337 30/06/10
- Teledyne replacement Battery SH2240SO FAA337 06/01/95
- Cabin heat & anti-ice Hughes At Build 1974
- Dual controls Hughes At Build 1974
- Position and strobe lights Hughes At Build 1974
- High skid gear Hughes At build 1974
- Cascade leg fairings SH4344NM FAA337 30/6/10
- AAI Rain gutter kit SH1626SO FAA337 10/01/09
- Compressor wash kit Hughes UK C of A issue
- VSI Hughes UK C of A issue
- Altimeter / millibar scale Hughes UK C of A issue
- Radio 1 King KY-196A VHF Hughes FAA337 30/6/10
- Audio panel Garmin GMA 340P Hughes FAA337 30/6/10
- Radio 2 King KX-165A/nav/com Hughes FAA337 30/6/10
- EASA compliant 8.33 spacing
- HSI display King KCS-55 system Hughes FAA337 30/6/10
- Facet engine oil filter SH401GL FAA337 10/11/10
- Pneumatic door openers SH2735NMFAA337 10/11/10
- ATC Transponder King KT-78A Hughes FAA337 28/9/78
- Altitude encoder Trans-cal A30-5 Hughes FAA337 30/6/10
- Low volts warning light RC Allen CAA 30/6/10
- Shadin fuel flow meter SE492GL FAA
- Flight Manual CSP-HS-1 Revision 10 30 August 2011
- Aircraft is configured with 4 Bose headset connectors.
- 2 x Bose noise cancelling headsets ( one with Bluetooth phone)
- 2 x David Clarke headsets and one Peltor headset
- Ground handling wheels and lever.
- 4 x tie downs.
- Front center seat, seat back and base plate from a 500D with different trim but with no middle seat shoulder strap.
- If required I can supply and fit a set of 369D low skid gear to assist with sea shipping needs at no extra cost.
1974 Hughes 500C 0 reviewsWrite Your Review
There are no reviews yet.